Ikea has bought the minority stake in homegrown interior company Livspace. After this investment, the Livspace will be one stop shop for all interior design. With the current investment, the company will focus on market expansion, new home interior solutions and product and expanding offline retail footprints.
Livspace is a marketplace for home designers and homeowners that provides end to end home design experience. The Company platform connects the homeowners with the designers and the supply chain to go their ideas, choose the plan and implement it
Livspace formed in 2014 by Anuj Srivastava and Ramakant Sharma with the headquarters situated at Bangalore, Karnataka. The company is currently operating in Bangalore, Delhi- NCR, Pune, Thane and Hyderabad and Chennai.
Funding of Ikea: Total funding $97.6M (Till date)
- 17 December 2014, Series A Funding of $4.6 M from Helion Venture Partners and Bessemer Venture
- 11 August 2015, Series A Funding of $8M Bessemer Venture Partners, Helion Venture Partners
- 29 August 2016, Series B Funding of $15M Bessemer Venture Partners
- 19 September 2018, Series C Funding of $70M Goldman Sachs, TPG Growth
- 20 May 2019, Venture Round Livspace by IKEA
The acquisition of Livspace are YoFloor, Dwll In, DezignUP
Homelane, Pepperfry, Urban Ladder
Pc: Livspace, Ikea